Life is worth living for us when we make the best of our environment and enjoy the bounties of nature. A clean and unpolluted environment does wonders to our overall health, and we can be rest assured of longevity of life. Unfortunately, this appears to be more of an ideal situation and the reality is that we are exposed to various pollutants and carbon emissions led by various vehicular and other industrial set-ups which are adversely affecting our health.
What environ pollutants affect us adversely?
Nature, by itself is clean and beautiful and man-made manifestations have resulted in its pollution. To breathe healthy has become difficult these days, and one can get much respite if only one is able spend some leisure time in park. Outside, while moving around the city, one is constantly exposed to polluted air that negatively impacts one’s health and causes serious illnesses and diseases which can result in early death. What causes this unwanted air and noise pollution?
- Carbon emissions let out by vehicular traffic.
- Daily vehicular noise.
- Industrial wastage and emissions that pollute the air and other natural surroundings such as lakes.
- Unhealthy disposal of garbage.
- Water-logging, which leads to breading of mosquitoes.
- Unhygienic surroundings.
How does polluted environ affect us?
- Carbon emissions let out by vehicular traffic lead to several respiratory diseases and other serious fatal ailments such as cancer.
- Polluted water can lead to serious stomach ailments.
- Noisy surroundings can damage the ears and also cause much stress and tensions.
- Stressful, polluted environment can cause cardiovascular diseases, particularly if one is constantly exposed to noise and pollution.
It is quite evident that polluted environ can cause serious diseases and ailments and lead to early death. We lead fast paced life-styles and the youth is also under tremendous stress to earn their livelihood and lead a better life-style. Similarly, even the children and the elderly do not find proper environment to spend their leisure hours and are exposed to noise and unwanted pollutants.
World-wide much concern has been expressed to ensure better health for the citizens. Environmentalists have voiced their concern at various forums and NGOS have taken up the issue.
How will Hyderabad Metro Rail mitigate the effect of polluted environ?
- As vehicular traffic is a major cause for air- pollution, the arrival of Hyderabad Metro Rail as a better public transport alternative to counter-act other modes of public transport which tend to release much carbon emissions.
- Less fatigue and stress as one will not be exposed to unnecessary noise and air-pollution.
- Dust-free travel.
- Relaxed travel, easy on the nerves for the elderly, who will certainly find the most comfortable mode of public transport.
- One need not undergo stress on account of traffic jams, which will in turn positively affect a person’s health.
- One can travel in comfort and ease long-distance, without suffering from frayed nerves.
The youth as well as other environment- conscious citizens need to take some time and think hard as to how to improve their surroundings for better health and longevity of life. Why die early?… when there is so much to enjoy in life. After all, a life well- lived is well remembered by all.